Faculty/Staff Mail Services
Line 1: Name (Full-time Faculty/Staff, Dept Head, Student Advisor, etc.)
Line 2: Northeastern University
Line 3: 360 Huntington Ave – Mailstop
Line 4: Boston, MA 02115-5000
360 Huntington Ave – 409 DA
Boston, MA 02115-5000
If additional pick-up services are needed after a completed pick up, please contact Mail Services at ext. 2114 no later than 2:45 p.m. (Monday – Friday) and additional services will be provided that day on a first come, first served basis.
Inter-department Mail Delivery
- Machine Process
- Manual Process
Data Input/List Processing
- Manual process: Pres-A-Ply address labels (stick-on)
Collating and inserting various size pieces into envelopes in preparation for mailing.
- Flyers and letters
- Machine process
- Manual process
Guidelines for Preparing Interdepartmental Mail
To ensure proper handling of interdepartmental mail, please follow these basic guidelines:
- Use the special, reusable manila envelopes titled Interdepartmental Mail.
- Cross out all previous markings on the envelope so that the name of the intended recipient is clearly identifiable.
- Interdepartmental mail must include recipient’s full name and mailcode (i.e., 112 HA).
- Envelopes missing this information will be delayed in being delivered – or may be returned to sender.
- Refer to HRM Employee Directory for correct mail code.
- Separate interdepartmental mail from U.S. mail by bundling it with rubber bands.
- Call Mail Services at ext. 2114 if you have a large mailing that requires a special pickup or must be expedited for next-day delivery.
- Call Fulfillment Services at ext. 2370 for information on assembling and labeling services for envelopes, fliers and notices.
- University Mail Services is able to deliver large mailings to student living in resident halls through the interdepartmental mail delivery system. Use of this service, rather than USPS first-class mail, could result in a significant savings to your department. Note: apartment-style residences do not receive mail through University Mail Services; rather, their mail is delivered via standard USPS protocols and thus these residences cannot be services by interdepartmental mail.
- Refer to Residence Halls list to identify which residences can be serviced by interdepartmental mail. Address labels should include student’s name, delivery address and mailbox number. Mailbox number is not the same as the room number. Questions regarding the proper addressing of student mail should be directed to the Resident Mail Services Office at ext. 5108.
- University Mail Services consolidates the mail for the special courier for deliveries to special university locations listed below. All correspondence should be bundled by the delivery address. Delivery is made to the following locations:
– Boston: Downtown Campus
– Dedham location
– Burlington: Campus and Library
– Nahant: Marine Science Center
– Weston: Henderson House
– Warehouse: Jamaica Plain